Tales From The Pantry: A Butler's Diary

From the pantry of an historic country house comes the ongoing diary of its butler, Mr Dean Fielding. I shall be giving you a glimpse of the family I serve and of the lives both 'Below Stairs' and 'Above'. I hope you follow my jottings daily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Have been butler here for over 15 years. Having previously, and unusually for these days, worked my way up from footman to under-butler to my current post. You can now follow me on Twitter via: http://www.twitter.com/butlerfielding

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Things are so awfully busy here at the moment, so I apologise for the lack of an update. I will post in greater detail when I get the chance.

In short:

All the decorations are now up. The Christmas trees look splendid. And they are green. Not even a hint of tinsel in the House, much to my satisfaction.

Sir Geoffrey accepted his birthday present with the matchless grace and tact you would expect from him. However, it sits, practically untouched on his desk in the Study. Every time Lady Carstone begins to demonstrate it for him, Sir Geoffrey usually finds some emergency he 'simply must attend to.'

The Medieval Birthday Party was rather amusing. I have discovered however that the knife and fork is among the greatest inventions of mankind. Eating sans these important implements is a dreadful, dreadful thing. Never have I had to supervise the cleaning of so much grease and mess from the Hall floor and furniture. I could feel Mr Chippendale shuddering in his grave.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theres something about a big house that sets off a Christmas tree I always think, they always seem like they belong there better than they do in our small cottage.

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had an enjoyable Christmas!
~Bren

7:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Day my dear butler!

4:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all want to hear about Christmas at Carstone!!!!

Do tell!

5:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you suck. you are just a servant who serves the aristocracy that rules england.

10:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep checking back to see if you've come back to post. I'm sad to see that you haven't yet. Hope everything is going well for you.

Happy New Year.
~Bren

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed, we need to hear more. Please update!

8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back soon Mr. Fielding! I keep checking and miss your posts.

tea
xo

10:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chop Chop Mr Fielding we are in dire need of some trials and tribulations!

3:11 am  
Blogger Mr Fielding said...

Thank you all very much for your comments and kind wishes. They are much appreciated.

Oh, and welcome also to the poster using the name 'huhuhaha'. You must be a very jolly soul to use that title. Only one slight comment to make: I am not "JUST a servant" I am a butler, my dear chap, and therein lies a world of difference.

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home