Tales From The Pantry: A Butler's Diary

From the pantry of an historic country house comes the ongoing diary of its butler, Mr Dean Fielding. I shall be giving you a glimpse of the family I serve and of the lives both 'Below Stairs' and 'Above'. I hope you follow my jottings daily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Have been butler here for over 15 years. Having previously, and unusually for these days, worked my way up from footman to under-butler to my current post. You can now follow me on Twitter via: http://www.twitter.com/butlerfielding

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Sad State

Unfortunately my festive season did not go as planned. I had intended to spend it at Carstone, but my sister fell ill shortly before Christmas, and I spent it with her instead. She hasn't really got any better, and I am spending more time looking after her, than I am working at Carstone. Sir Geoffrey and Lady Carstone have been wonderfully considerate throughout the whole affair.

Hopefully I will be fully back at work shortly.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Fielding,
You have my best wishes for your sister's health and hopeful recovery.
Regards,
Miss K

5:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, to, hope your sister recovers quickly. How lucky she is to have a brother who will care for you as you are doing. I've missed reading your blog but hopefully you'll be back at it soon.

Take care!
Bren

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warmest Wishes for you and your sister at this sad time. I hope everything will take a turn for the better soon.

Take care.

12:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I recently discovered your blog (through the "Butler" entry on Wikipedia, by the way, which now has a link to here) and I've found it very enjoyable! I hope you'll be able to post more.
I'm sorry to hear about your sister, and I hope the fact that you're writing about it means that she's getting better!

10:48 pm  
Blogger Bob said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, I hope she is on the mend. ~BoB~

10:44 pm  
Blogger Tea said...

I`m so sorry to hear about your sister`s illness Mr.Fielding. Thanks for letting us know and I`m sending prayers that she gets better soon. I miss reading your blog also and think you`re sister is very lucky to have such a lovely caring brother.

All the best to you
tea
xo

2:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your sister Dean but glad you're there for her!

Best Wishes,

G.V.

8:27 am  
Blogger Tierrie said...

Dear Mister Fieldings,
Best wishes for your sister's health. I hope that you are holding up well under the stress.

Write soon.

10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home